Arthurs’ Bad-News Day
亞瑟的壞消息
Written by Lara Henderson Megard
勞拉·梅嘉德
本故事的配音,看這里:http://dwz.cn/4EiANH
Hey, sit down, and I’ll tell you a story.
嘿,快坐下,我要跟你講一個故事。
My name is Arthur.
我叫亞瑟。
I’m eight years old, and my life is great.
我今年八歲了,我的生活很美好。
Every morning, Mom wakes me up by tickling my feet.
每天早上,媽媽會撓我癢癢叫我起床。
It makes me laugh and starts my day on a happy note.
我開心的笑著,開啟我美好的一天。
For breakfast, Dad makes Mickey Mouse-shaped pancakes.
早餐時間,爸爸會做米老鼠形狀的煎餅。
After school, Dad and I kick the ball until dinner.
放學后晚飯前,爸爸還會帶著我去踢球。
For dessert, I always have a huge cookie with milk.
餐后甜點是一塊巨大的餅干,我會就著牛奶一起吃。
I have my own special cup from Disneyland.
我有一個從迪斯尼樂園買的專用水杯。
But a few months ago, my parents told me some bad news.
但是幾個月前,我的父母告訴我一些壞消息。
They said that I’m going to have a little sister.
他們說我馬上就將有一個小妹妹。
I know I’m not going to like it.
我知道自己一點都不想要。
I have never had to share my parents with anybody.
我一點都不想跟別人分享我的父母。
My friend Jeff got a baby sister last year.
我的朋友杰夫去年也有了一個小妹妹。
His parents never have time to play with him.
他的父母就再也抽不出時間來陪他玩了。
And they are always busy changing the baby’s stinky diapers!
而且他們總是忙著給小寶寶換惡臭的尿布!
Yuck!
嘔!
Mom and Dad said that I will have to share my bedroom with the baby.
爸爸和媽媽告訴我說,你需要跟寶寶共用房間。
She better not use my Disneyland cup. No way.
她可別想用我的迪斯尼水杯。絕對不行。
I told Mom that I don’t want a baby sister.
我跟媽媽說我不想要一個小妹妹。
But that didn’t seem to matter.
可是她好像并不在意。
Today, Mom and Dad are coming home with my new sister.
今天,爸爸媽媽馬上就要帶著小妹妹回家了。
I’m just going to tell them to take her back.
我要趕緊去告訴他們快把她送回去。
I don’t want to share my mom and dad, or my room.
我不想跟她分享我的媽媽,我的爸爸,還有我的房間。
Well, here they are.
好吧,他們已經到了。
Dad is carrying some pink blankets.
爸爸托著一團粉色的毯子。
Is the baby inside there?
寶寶在里面嗎?
Is she that small?
她只有那么丁點大?
Grandma goes outside.
奶奶出門迎接他們。
She hugs Mom and then looks inside the pink blankets.
她擁抱了媽媽,然后看向粉色毯子。
I hear Grandma say the baby is beautiful.
我聽見奶奶稱贊寶寶很漂亮。
I’m not going out there.
我才不要出去呢。
I’m going to sit right here.
我就要坐在這兒。
Now Mom is hugging me.
媽媽進來抱了抱我。
Dad puts the baby in my lap.
爸爸把小寶寶放在了我的腿上。
And then the most amazing thing happens.
然后,最神奇的事情發(fā)生了。
She reaches out and grabs my finger!
她向上伸出了小手,握住了我的手指!
She won’t let go!
緊緊抓著不愿放手!
I think she knows that I’m her big brother. She likes me already.
我想她知道我就是她的大哥哥。她已經喜歡上我了。
Hey, maybe having a sister won’t be so bad.
嘿,可能有一個妹妹也不是那么糟糕的事兒。
I think Mom and Dad have enough love for both of us.
我想爸爸媽媽應該有足夠的愛能同時分給我們倆。
——
更多有趣的少兒英語故事,來我們的微信聽呀。
微信:布丁樹少兒英語
——
歡迎各位家長,在空閑的時候,陪著孩子聽一聽我們外教老師的英語公開課,聽課地址:
http://www.pudtree.com/listOnline.html?uid=slgkk (適合3歲至13歲)